Conditions for replacement of damaged kuna cash
The Croatian National Bank replaces damaged kuna banknotes and coins if conditions for replacement pursuant to the applicable Decision on handling of unfit and suspect cash are met.
Replacement of damaged banknotes
The Croatian National Bank replaces damaged kuna banknotes from legal persons specialised in cash transport with a head office in the Republic of Croatia. There is no condition for the minimum quantity of damaged banknotes that is submitted for replacement.
The Croatian National Bank replaces the stained kuna banknotes damaged due to technical malfunction of a security container or improper handling of a security container only with the attached completed Application for the analysis and replacement of stained kuna banknotes submitted by the owner of the stained kuna banknote or a legal person specialised in cash transport. Together with the stained banknote, the applicant is obligated to submit a record, a statement or other documents verifying that the damage occurred due to the said events and a security and technical sheet or data on the harmfulness of the composition of the ink from the electrochemical protection device by which the kuna banknote has been stained.
The banknotes must be dry and packed in plastic security bags with a clearly visible sign that the bag contains banknotes stained by an electrochemical protection device.
Replacement of damaged coins
The Croatian National Bank also replaces damaged kuna coins from legal and natural persons with a head office or domicile in the Republic of Croatia if at least 1,000 pieces of damaged coins are submitted for replacement.
Replacement of damaged kuna cash
The sender must notify the Croatian National Bank in advance in writing of the intended delivery of damaged cash to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
State in the notification of the delivery the following data:
- the name and head office of the company, the core business activity of the company/natural person;
- if the sender is a natural person, name and surname and address of the domicile of the natural person;
- the date of the intended delivery of the damaged cash to the Croatian National Bank;
- the way of coming into possession of the damaged cash;
- the information on the number of the account to which the Croatian National Bank will pay the amount of the replaced cash;
- the specification of the damaged cash by quantity, issues, denominations and total values;
- a statement that the damaged cash has not been exposed to hazardous substances that may pose a health risk to CNB employees when they come into contact with the delivered package;
- information on the delivery method to the Croatian National Bank (specialised transport companies, sending by post, personal delivery, etc.).
The Croatian National Bank will analyse the received notification and inform the sender in writing on the approval or refusal of the acceptance of the notified delivery.
In the case of approval of the acceptance of the delivery, the Croatian National Bank will
communicate in writing the following information to the sender:
- the delivery processing fee, if any;
- the amount that will be paid to the sender to the submitted account number;
- the possible schedule of receipt of the delivery.
The sender that agrees with the information in the notification is required to confirm it in the response to the received notification and make the delivery.
Should a package be sent to the Croatian National Bank with no prior notification or with no explicit approval from the Croatian National Bank, it will not be received, but returned to the sender.
Fee for damaged kuna cash analysis and replacement
The Croatian National Bank will set and charge a fee for kuna cash analysis in accordance with Article 14 of the Decision on handling of unfit and suspect cash.
The Croatian National Bank pays the value of the replaced damaged kuna cash in kuna exclusively, by making the payment to the account of the sender of the damaged cash (hereinafter referred to as the 'sender'). The sender will be paid the amount of the replaced damaged cash, less any fee amount, if a fee is charged.