The Decision on the obligation to submit reports on cash operations data (hereinafter referred to as 'Decision'), published in Official Gazette 134/2022, entered into force on 1 January 2023. The Decision prescribes the reporting entities, the contents and the scope of data related to cash and the time limits for and the manner of their delivery to the Croatian National Bank.
Reporting entities report to the Croatian National Bank in accordance with the Instructions on the manner of collection and compiling and the obligation to submit cash operations data (hereinafter referred to as 'Instructions'), which form a component part of the Decision.
The Instructions prescribe the collection of data on the balance and the movement of cash in the territory of the Republic of Croatia.
Pursuant to the Decision, reporting entities are, as follows:
- banks with head offices in the Republic of Croatia;
- banks with head offices in another Member State authorised to provide banking and financial services in the Republic of Croatia through a branch;
- third-country banks authorised by the Croatian National Bank to establish a branch of a third-country credit institution; and
- other cash handlers.
The Instructions prescribe the compilation and submission of data on cash and machines used for the processing and recycling of cash through nine reports:
- Business unit cash transactions
- Machine cash transactions
- Cash balance
- Quantity of banknotes and coins processed
- Self-service machine transactions
- Remote business units processing
- Interbank trading in euro cash
- Balance of foreign cash by currency in the denominations structure
- Banknote handling and coin processing machines and maintenance of machines.