To support future, young professionals in the acquisition of practical knowledge and work experience the Croatian National Bank is inviting applications for
STUDENT INTERNSHIPS IN 2019
Conditions for application
- full-time student in the second or higher year of undergraduate study or the first or second year of graduate study; or the second or higher year of integrated study;
- a study programme corresponding to the business needs and interests of the Croatian National Bank in the field of economics, mathematics, electrical engineering, computing and information and communication technology, law or psychology (depending on the interest expressed by organisational units);
- knowledge of the Croatian or English language, spoken and written.
Persons of both sexes can apply on equal terms.
To apply, students interested in student internships in the Croatian National Bank have to complete the application form “Application Form for Student Internship” (hereinafter: Application Form).
- a completed printout of the Application Form (and appropriately submitted electronic version);
- referral from the faculty/institution of higher education for students subject to mandatory internship or a motivational letter for students not subject to mandatory internship;
- a copy of the student’s course and grade book (all the filled pages);
- a copy of the valid personal identification card or valid passport.
- study programme corresponding to the business interests and priorities of the organisational units of the Croatian National Bank and year of study;
- academic performance throughout the study (grade average for all years of study, from the first to the current year);
- scientific and/or professional papers during the study;
- assessment of student motivation for internship and work in the Croatian National Bank.
Planned duration of the student internship is 25 working days.
Following data processing, candidates who have been selected in cooperation with the organisational units where internship will take place will be invited for a short interview.
Candidates shortlisted for the interview will have to provide during candidate selection procedure the documentation supporting the information provided in the Application Form, such as a certified transcript of all grades by study courses, specifying the grade average (in case of undergraduate and graduate studies, both averages have to be specified and in case of foreign students, if the grade range differs from the 1 to 5 range used in Croatia, a document in English must be provided by the relevant faculty indicating the grade range used and a copy of grades by study courses and the grade average achieved), letters of recommendation, certificates of awards and other achievements, papers, etc.
The selected students not referred by a faculty/institution of higher education due to not having internship prescribed as mandatory, may take up internship upon the presentation of a proof of payment showing that they have settled the cost of insurance covering accidents at work.
The selected foreign students have to submit, at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the internship, a certificate showing their regulated mandatory health insurance status during the internship. An agreement will be entered into between selected foreign students and the Croatian National Bank stipulating mutual rights and obligations, which will be used as a basis for their registration for the purposes of a work permit for foreign nationals.
Contact person: Branka Šerić, phone no: (385 1) 4565-064 and Anita Gajski (385 1) 4565-044.
The applicants are requested to submit the completed Application Form (in a defined format) to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicants are requested to enclose with the printout of the Application Form the required documentation (scanned or posted or delivered personally) by Friday, 31 May 2019, at the latest to:
HRVATSKA NARODNA BANKA
Trg hrvatskih velikana 3, 10000 Zagreb
Sektor podrške poslovanju
Direkcija za upravljanje ljudskim resursima
marked "Prijava na natječaj za obavljanje studentske stručne prakse u 2019."
The information on the manner in which the Croatian National Bank processes personal data for the purpose of the Invitation for Applications for Student Internships is provided on Croatian National Bank webpages (link to document) and constitutes an integral part thereof.