CROATIAN NATIONAL BANK
To support future young professionals in the acquisition of practical knowledge and work experience,
the Croatian National Bank is inviting applications for
The terms used in this text that have a gender-specific connotation refer to both the male and female genders.
A candidate must fulfil the following conditions:
- must be a full-time student of an undergraduate or graduate or integrated (undergraduate and graduate) study programme delivered in the Republic of Croatia or in an EU country;
- the study programme must be in the field of economics or mathematics or a similar field of study or in the field of computing, i.e. computer science/information technology;
- must have completed as a minimum the first year of study;
- must be a citizen of the Republic of Croatia or an EU country;
- must have a knowledge of the Croatian or English language, spoken and written.
Candidates show their interest in student internship in the Croatian National Bank by completing the application form “Application Form for Student Internship” (hereinafter: Application Form). To complete the Application Form, follow the link in the text of the invitation for applications on the Croatian National Bank website.
- Required documentation
In addition to the completed Application Form (electronic version), the candidate must also provide:
- a certificate issued by the institution of higher education/faculty showing the student’s status: type and level of study, name of study programme, course of the programme and enrolment (full-time or part-time), an e-certificate, i.e. the e-record obtained from the Studomat application, is also acceptable;
- a copy of the student’s course and grade book (all pages) or a transcript of grades for all years of study (from the first year of study to the year of study in which the student is enrolled at the time of application), indicating grade average, an e-document obtained from the Studomat application is also acceptable, including the list of examinations passed by courses and accompanying grades (candidates who are students in EU countries, whose grade range differs from the 1 to 5 range used in Croatia, require a document in English issued by the relevant institution of higher education/faculty indicating the grade range used and a transcript of grades by study courses and the grade average earned, otherwise their application will not be considered);
- a letter of motivation for student internship in the organisational units the candidate has indicated in the Application Form;
- a resume/CV.
Following data processing, the short-listed candidates who have been selected in cooperation with the respective organisational units will be invited for a short interview, which may be held in person in the premises of the Croatian National Bank or virtually via the technological means of communication.
- Selection criteria
The criteria based on which candidates are selected for student internship in the Croatian National Bank are:
- enrolment in a study or a study programme and a programme course as well as the enrolled study year corresponding to the business needs and priorities of the organisational units of the Croatian National Bank that have expressed interest in accepting students in internship (the 4th and the 5th study years are usually preferred in the case of integrated studies, and the 1st and the 2nd year in the case of graduate studies);
- assessment of motivation for student internship in the organisational unit that has selected a candidate for an interview;
- interview response quality assessment;
- academic performance throughout the study (the average of all grades and other achievements made in the course of the study, e.g. awards, references, rector’s or dean's awards, competition results, etc.);
- participation in writing scientific and/or professional papers and participation at congresses and conferences (as author or co-author) in the course of the study and the study programme for which the student files the application.
The selected candidates who, due to the current situation with the pandemic, for justified reasons were not able to submit the requested scanned documentation enclosed with the completed electronic version of the Application Form, no later than within two weeks before the beginning of the internship, are required to provide the documentation supporting the claims made in the Application Form. Mandatory documentation includes a certificate of studies issued by the institution of higher education/faculty, the enrolled year of study at the time of application, the status of a full-time student and a transcript of all grades by courses, indicating the grade average (in case of undergraduate and graduate studies, it is advisable to provide both averages). If appropriate, upon a special request by the Croatian National Bank, the candidate should also provide other documents supporting the claims in the Application Form (a copy of the personal identification card or passport, references, awards, recognitions, links to papers, etc.).
The maximum duration of student internship for the selected candidates is 25 working days.
The selected candidates, students from the Republic of Croatia, may begin internship with a referral of an institution of higher education/faculty or, if not referred by an institution of higher education/faculty (since internship is not mandatory) may take up internship upon presentation of a proof of payment showing they have settled the cost of insurance covering accidents at work.
The selected candidates, students from EU countries, may begin internship upon presentation of a proof of payment showing they have settled the cost of insurance covering accidents at work and upon presentation, at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the internship, of a certificate showing their regulated mandatory health insurance status. An agreement will be entered into between the selected foreign student and the Croatian National Bank stipulating mutual rights and obligations. This agreement will serve as the basis for registering foreign student's residence with the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Croatia based on which the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Croatia will issue a residence and work permit.
In the case of an unfavourable epidemiological situation and increased risk of coronavirus infection, the Croatian National Bank reserves the right to offer to the selected candidates the possibility to attend internship virtually or to postpone the delivery of the internship to the first quarter of 2022 or, depending on circumstances, to cancel it.
Contact persons: Branka Šerić, phone No. (385 1) 4565-064 and Renata Marinović, phone No. (385 1) 4565-051.
The electronic version of the Application Form should be completed and forwarded as a Word document (for the purpose of the automatic transfer of corresponding data into a worksheet and the database), to the following e-mail address: email@example.com with the following indication: "INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – 2021”.
In addition to the electronic version of the Application Form, other required scanned documentation should also be submitted by e-mail (in case documents cannot be scanned or in similar cases, the documentation can also be submitted by registered mail), no later than by Friday, 11 June 2021 (inclusive), to the following address:
CROATIAN NATIONAL BANK
Trg hrvatskih velikana 3, 10000 Zagreb
Support Services Area
Human Resources Department
with an indication “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – 2021"
The information notice on personal data processing by the Croatian National Bank for the purposes of the invitation for applications for student internships is published on the website of the Croatian National Bank (Information notice on personal data processing for the purposes of the invitation for applications for student internships in the CNB) and constitutes an integral part of this invitation for applications.